I wrote this for a self-reminder and kept it in my “Drafts” for the many times I needed to reference it in real-time. With the many years of experiencing “The Wait,” I should have it memorized. But it helps to see it on the screen before my eyes. So therefore, I thought it beneficial to share. God bless you who go through your seasons of waiting.
Things to do While Waiting for God:
1) Keep breathing in and out. (Anxiety is a narcissist. Don’t fall into his trap.)
2) Remember your main goal of the moment. (To wait for God.)
3) Discuss the alternatives. (And know there are no workable alternatives.)
4) Pray (forget God knows every thought and feeling, go into detail telling Him how you are feeling while waiting on Him. Whatever those thoughts are, He can handle them).
5) TRUST Him. That’s your whole life’s goal and secret weapon against everything trying to divert you.
6) Think of your family. All in heaven, who have gone on before us, are leaning over the gallery rail, cheering and watching you. They are your witnesses. They’ve been there and know what you are going through as you struggle to keep going. And that great cloud of witnesses together, cheering. You will be one someday, cheering on your brothers and sisters. [Hebrews chapter Twelve]
7) Think of Him who is in you, guiding and giving you the strength to wait on God. (The Lord doesn’t need to give you strength, for He IS your strength).
8) Remember – Remember: all those times when waiting turned to action in His right time. Don’t be afraid of following rabbit trails while remembering. They all lead back to God’s path.
9) Stroll through your Ebeneezer Garden [Here], remembering each altar you raised and what they mean from your past. Remembering how God delivered you over your lifetime is another secret weapon.
10) Read-your-Bible-daily! It is your source of strength. (Not at all secret.)
This is only a reminder. From here, add your personally learned insights on do’s and don’ts.
The Joy of the Lord be with you, G.W.
Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is Your faithfulness.
I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him.”
The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks Him;
It is good to wait quietly
for the salvation of the Lord.